Sherly Cottages Beach Resort’s Policy
In Order to make your stay as pleasant as possible, the Management requests your co-operation in observing the following as an agreement between the guest and Sherly Cottages Beach Resort (hereinafter called 'Management') under which rooms are permitted to be used by the guest(s):
1. General Terms and Conditions
• The guest acknowledges responsibility for and on behalf of all parties on the premises to the terms and conditions of rental. Failure to comply with the rules of the property and the terms and conditions of this contract by any individual on the premises associated with the renter will be the sole responsibility of the renter and be considered a material breach of this contract. The guest further agrees to be responsible and liable for the actions and safety of every person in their group.
• Occupancy may not exceed what is posted for each home. The maximum occupancy includes children under the age of twelve years old.
• Guest understands to be fully responsible for the cost of any damages sustained to the property, décor or its contents during the stay; this includes the moving of items to another property, for breakages or for any excessive cleaning charges incurred during my stay.
• Smoking is not permitted in any accommodation managed by Sherly Cottages Beach Resort at any time. I understand that in the event that a guest is found to have smoked in the property, the guest will be contacted and informed of any charges related to the cleaning/deodorizing of the property and all of the items in the property (i.e curtains, furniture, window treatments, etc). These charges will be deducted from the security deposit made in advance on file.
• Guests may only smoke outside the accommodation and are responsible for disposal of waste in proper receptacles. Violators of this policy are subject to an additional minimum INR 10000 fee.
• All descriptions given on the website(s) are made in good faith and the owner(s) accept no liability whatsoever for errors or omissions.
• The reservation is accepted and confirmed only for the number of guests declared on the original inquiry and/or listed on the Rental Agreement. Sherly Cottage Beach Resort reserve the right to cancel the reservation if additional guests are added without prior consent.
• Good Neighbour Policy: Sherly Cottages Beach Resort are located in a mixed-use neighbourhood that includes both short-term guests and year-round residents. We want you to enjoy your stay, but not at the expense of the neighbours so please be considerate of the neighbours with your noise and activities. Parking is limited.
• No guest shall create or permit to exist any nuisance. Please respect the rights of the neighbours by restricting sound and noise to a reasonable volume.
• The accommodation is not to be used to host parties or social/group gatherings. Only guests whose names are on the Rental Agreement are authorized to stay in the home. Any guest having a party or social/group gathering in the home or exceeding the numbers of authorized guests will be evicted without refund.
• Indoor furniture is not to be moved. Bringing rental furniture (except cribs) into the house is prohibited.
• Cooking in the houses and on the lanais/patio is strictly prohibited.
• Each bed has a total of one set of sheets. Should they need washing, please place them on the floor for the cleaning lady to know and change your sheets.
• The Guest making the reservation must be 25 years of age or older and must occupy the rental property, the entire term of stay for the reservation.
• Keys must be returned in person to representative upon departure. If lost, guest agrees to pay for locks to be re-keyed.
• Guest acknowledges that neither Sherly Cottages Beach Resort nor the Owner of the Property’s insurance covers any of Guest’s or Guest’s invitees' personal property, including vehicles, against loss or damage due to fire, theft, vandalism, rain, water, criminal or negligent acts of others, or any other cause, except for injury or damage caused by the negligence or will full misconduct of Sherly Cottages Beach Resort or the Owner of the Property. Sherly Cottages Beach Resort and the Owner of the Property recommend that Guest carry or obtain insurance to protect Guest, Guest’s invitees and their personal property from any loss or damage.
• Check-in is at 12 pm and check-out is at 12 pm (noon).
• In the event a Guest fails to depart from the home by 12pm with no late check-out arranged and results in Sherly Cottages Beach Resort being unable to clean and prepare the home for the next arriving Guest that day, the departing Guest agrees to pay damages and costs incurred by Sherly Cottages Beach Resort; including but not limited to moving the incoming Guest to another home. A late check-out can only be arranged at an additional charge if the home does not have another guest’s arrival schedule. This option must be arranged in advance and cannot be added on the day of departure.
2. Reservation Policy
• You can conveniently make your bookings online via our website or simply send us an email.
• Before sending us your booking, please check that all of the information you have provided is correct and complete. Incorrect or incomplete information can result in an erroneous booking for which we take no responsibility.
• A deposit resp. a prepayment is required to secure your reservation (see also Article 4.). Once the booking has been processed, you will receive a reservation confirmation email that outlines a summary of your booking. Please review the information carefully and contact us immediately (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or require any changes. This email will also include important information that we urge you to read to ensure your stay at Sherly Cottages Beach Resort is issue free.
• Please review our Cancellation Policy below. Securing your reservation with a deposit means you accept the terms of our Cancellation Policy.
• National ID/Passport must be presented upon check-in. Failure to do so would result in no acceptance/check-in.
• The total room cost including taxes is due upon check in at the resort. Sherly Cottages Beach Resort accepts cash (Indian Rupee, US Dollars and Euros). There is a 5% interest rate if you pay with foreign currencies. Credit cards / Debit cards , bank transfer are accepted at the Resort. Alternatively you may pay your room rate via payment gateway prior to your arrival. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like us to send you bank account details and wire transfer instructions. Payments must be received no less than one month prior to your arrival date. Please ensure you confirm your payment with us via email.
• We ask that all of our guests purchase Travel Insurance, which is generally inexpensive, but can really save a lot of emotional distress if an unforeseen event occurs. We recommend your travel insurance will cover you for airline flight and accommodation cancellation especially during the typhoon season. We also recommend you are covered for accident, illness, medical evacuation and theft.
• Bookings via booking websites like Make my trip or Booking.com is subject to our terms and conditions. Additional nights will be charged at the current Room tariff.
• The tariff is for the room does not cover GST / any government taxes.
• Meals and other services are available at extra cost.
• Price adjustments, however, may occur without prior notice.
• Bookings that have already been confirmed remain valid and are excluded from possible price adjustments.
4. Cancellation and Refund Policy
• Securing a reservation with a deposit means you accept the terms and conditions of our Cancellation Policy.
• Should it be necessary for you to depart earlier than your confirmed date, you will be responsible for the full amount of your intended stay.
• We do not issue refunds or credits for flight/bus/car/boat/train cancellations, due to any circumstances. Please take out Travel Insurance to protect against flight cancellations.
• There are no refunds for early checkouts.
• There are no refunds due to bad weather, tropical storms or typhoon’s; including any inconvenience or complication caused by a typhoon’s direct hit, near miss, or significant threat of a typhoon’s strike. Typhoons are unpredictable by nature. Please take out Travel Insurance to protect against these types of unforeseen events.
• Sherly Cottages Beach Resort is not liable for any other costs, evacuation or inconveniences caused by a tropical storm or typhoon.
• No exceptions are made to our cancellation policy, including personal emergencies or governmental issues. Please take out Travel Insurance to cover you in case of an illness that forces you to cancel a trip.
• We strongly recommend cancellation and accident insurance to prevent any losses in case of illness, accident or otherwise.
5. Company's Lien On Guest's Luggage And Belongings
In the case of default in payment of dues by a guest, the management shall have the lien on their luggage and belongings, and be entitled to detain the same and to sell or auction such property at any time without reference to the guest. The net sale proceeds will be appropriate towards the amount due by the guest without prejudice to the management's rights to adopt such further recovery proceedings as may be required.
Check out time is 12.00 (noon) please inform the reception if you wish to retain your room beyond this time. Extension will be given depending on the availability . If the room is available, normal tariff will be charged. On failure of the guest to vacate the room on expiry or period the management shall have the right to remove the guest and his/her belongings from the room occupied by the Guest.
7. Luggage Storage
Subject to availability of the storage space, the guest can store luggage at the Sore room of Sherly Cottages Beach Resort, at the guest's sole risk as to loss or damage from any cause, Luggage may not be stored for period of over 30 days.
8. Guest's Belongings
Guests are particularly requested to lock the door of their rooms when going out going to bed. No electronic safety lockers are provided in the room to store any valuables. The Management will not in any way whatsoever be responsible for any loss / or damage to the Guest's belongings or any other property from either the hotel room or any other part of the hotel for any cause whatsoever including theft of pilferage.
• Pets such as dogs are permitted to Sherly Cottages Beach Resort upon advance agreement with Sherly Cottages Reservations.
• Guests with dogs are advised not to unleash their dog if it will not get along with Sherly Cottages Beach Resorts house dog for the duration of their stay.
• Guest understands that Sherly Cottages Beach Resort shall not be responsible for any loss or injury to a pet while staying at the property, or for any action take against the pet or pet owner by third parties.
• All pets must be under the complete control of a responsible guest, and must be on a hand-held leash at all times.
• The Guest agrees NOT to leave pet(s) alone TO ROAM FREELY THROUGHOUT THE HOME. Kennels, crates or vehicles should be used to house pets when owners are not visually supervising pets.
• The pet is housebroken, flea free, not prone to shedding, and not prone to damaging property.
• The pet owner pays a nightly rent fee for each pet of INR 2500 per night/pet.
• Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds.
• Guest agrees to pay an extra pet cleaning fee billed at INR 500/hr if excessive hair is found.
• Guest agrees to pay the repair cost assessed by Sherly Cottages Beach Resort for any damage done by a guest’s pet, including but not limited to chewing furniture, staining carpet (pet urine), scratching glass, scratching doors, scratching walls, etc.
• Guests must pick up after their pet when the pet does its business on Sherly Cottages Beach Resorts property, and dispose of waste in a proper container. GUESTS WILL BE CHARGED A FEE OF INR 1500 FOR EACH POOP REMOVAL.
• We do not limit pet size or breed, however, aggressive or unruly dogs are not welcome for the safety of other guests and children in the area. If we receive one or more complaints regarding barking or aggressive pet behaviour, the guest, with their pet, will be asked to leave with forfeiture of all rents and security deposit.
• Guests must provide certificate that the pet is up-to-date on rabies/all vaccinations.
• The Guest agrees to monitor pet’s noise so that neighbours resp. other guests are not disturbed.
• The pet owner agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend rental owner against all liability, judgments, expenses (including attorney’s fees), or claims by third parties for any injury to any person or damage to property of any kind whatsoever caused by their pet(s).
10. Guest's Visitors / Day Visitors
• Visitors of In-house Guests are not permitted to bring food and alcohol may be taken into the resort or restaurant.
• Drunk and disorderly behaviour will not be tolerated.
• Day Visitors may not enter In-house guests designated area unless they are invited by In-house guests or agreed upon in advance with the Management on site.
• All facilities on the Resort are used entirely at guests own risk.
11. Hazardous Goods
Bringing goods and / or storing of raw or exposed cinema films, or any other article of a combustible or hazardous nature and / or prohibited goods and / or goods of objectionable nature is prohibited. The Guest shall be solely liable and responsible to the management, its other guests, invitees visitors, agents and servants for all loss financial or otherwise and damage that may be caused by such articles or as a result of the guest's own negligence and non-observance of any / instructions.
12. Damage to Property
The guest will be held responsible for any loss or damage to the hotel property caused by themselves, their guests or any person for whom they are responsible.
13. Limitation of Liability
Sherly Cottages Beach Resort and/or the Owner do not accept liability for equipment failure and/or services in the Property. In the event of failure of equipment, the Guest must notify Sherly Cottages Beach Resort within one working day, such that Sherly Cottages Beach Resort may elect to rectify the failure. Sherly Cottages Beach Beach Resort and/or the Owner do not accept liability for lost or stolen personal property of the Guest from the Property during the rental period. In the event that property of the Guest is lost or stolen, the Guest should advise Sherly Cottages Beach Resort first, and then contact the appropriate authority to report the lost or stolen items. Sherly Cottages Beach Resort and/or the Owner accept no liability for personal loss or injury to the Guest during the rental period. The Guest must ensure that children are supervised at all times. It is the policy of Sherly Cottages Beach Resort that all children under the age of 18 years are not left in the rental home un-supervised at any time during the rental period.
• Any delays or cancellations. In the event of a traveler becoming ill during a vacation, or having to cut their vacation short, all hospital and medical expenses are the traveler’s responsibility.
• Monetary crises, social unrest, political or labor problems, economic changes, electrical outages due to weather, mechanical maintenance or construction difficulties, for any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment, of any nature or kind whatsoever resulting from events beyond our or a supplier’s reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of Nature (typhoons, mudslides, earthquakes), flight cancellations or changes, strikes, labor disputes, lockouts, threats or acts of terrorism, acts of war or declared war, typhoons or weather conditions, diseases or epidemics/pandemics, novel or unexpected conditions and local laws.
• Absence of travel documents, visas, passports, health certificates where required. Nam Mon is not responsible for advisement of travel and entry requirements.
• Loss of items for losses incurred when rooms are not locked.
14. Managements's Rights
It is agreed that the guest will conduct him/herself in a respectable manner and will not cause any nuisance or annoyance within the resort premises . The Management has the right to request any guest to vacate his/her room or other areas of the hotel forthwith, without previous notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever, and the guest shall be bound to vacate when requested to do so. In case of the default the Management has the right to remove the Guest luggage and belongings from the room occupied by him/her.
15. Relation between Mangement and Guest
Nothing herein above shall continue or be deemed to constitute, or create any tenancy or sub-tenancy , or any other right to interact in the hotel premises or any part of portion thereof, in favour of any Guest or resident or visitor, and the Management shall always be deemed to be in full and absolute possession of the whole of the hotel premises.
16. Government rules and regulations and application of laws
Guest are requested to observe , abide by confirm to and be bound by all applicable acts and laws and Government rules and regulations in force from time to time.
THE MANAGEMENT RESERVES TO ITSELF THE RIGHT TO ADD TO , OR ALTER OR AMEND ANY OF THE ABOVE TERMS, CONDITIONS AND RULES WHICH ARE A PART AND AN ABSTRACT OF THE LODGING ACT .